The 2016 ICC World Twenty20 is scheduled to be held in India from 11 March to 3 April.The International Cricket Council Board has decided India to host the World Twenty20 championship in 2016.Sri Lanka are the defending champions.
ICC T20 World Cup 2016 Teams
All ten full members qualified automatically, and six Associate Members qualified through the 2015 ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, played in Ireland and Scotland between 6 to 26 July 2015. The qualified teams are Ireland, Scotland, Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Netherlands and Oman.
In the ICC T20I Championship rankings The top eight teams automatically progress to the Super 10, unless one of the top eight is an associate in which case the next ranked full member will progress in their place. The remaining eight teams compete in the group stage, from which two teams advance to the Super 10 stage.
On 21 July 2015, the Board of Control for Cricket in India announced the name of the hosting cities. Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Dharamshala, Mohali, Mumbai, Nagpur and New Delhi. Kolkata will host the final of the event.
- Eden Gardens Kolkata – 66,349
- M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Bangalore – 40,000
- Wankhede Stadium Mumbai – 32,000
- M. A. Chidambaram Stadium Chennai – 38,000
- HPCA Stadium Dharamshala – 23,000
- Feroz Shah Kotla Ground New Delhi – 40,715
- PCA-I.S Bindra Stadium Mohali – 26,950
- VCA Stadium (Jamtha) Nagpur – 45,000
Hope you like our update, Please stay connected for more!!!